Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sweet Sailing!

Confessions of the 1st Mate—I’ve lived on this boat for 10 years and I’m still not a huge fan of how it feels when we heel over 10 degrees. Gusty conditions are the worst as I feel like there’s a moment where you lose control (we don’t, but my mind doesn’t always know that!). Today was a big day for me! We had winds on the nose, but this deep-draft boat can point into the wind quite well. We went ahead and sailed close-hauled in 11-15 knots of wind, making 5-6 knots over ground with just the genoa. It took me a few minutes, but I found a cozy spot on the windward side where I didn’t feel like I would fall over and just truly enjoyed the sail!

Sweet sailing!


Our epic sail landed us on a mooring at Shroud Cay. I decided to power into the wind on a SUP to this little lagoon which I ended up having all to myself. Ahhh...


We are going to press on to Staniel Cay to top off our propane and get some fresh food before coming back into the Land & Sea Park. But for now, I’m enjoying a glass of wine and celebrating my little win over my brain today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment