Sunday, February 21, 2021

One windy night leads to a windy day

Well, the forecast held and well before sunset we were turned into the north winds. The anchorage is pretty packed, but well-spaced and we chatted with a few of the boats around us about scope so we would all be cozy as we moved about. Lines were secured, snubber chafe guards adjusted, anchor checked, and Luci lights illuminated at the bow and stern so boats around us could see our full extent.

I decided to sleep on deck. Why? I honestly love sleeping on deck, but also just to be able to peek around easily as I rolled about in the night. Considering the strong winds and sound of waves, I actually slept really well! I sleep on a super cozy Klymat inflatable mattress when I’m up there. The only real bugger was the rain that came at 0500 which was accompanied by a jump in the wind. I tucked into the companionway and watched the grey, gloomy sun rise.


We are staying here for the day, knocking out some school, reading, and playing some games. It’s kind of a nice way to spend a Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment