Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Losing a member of the crew

When we started cruising full-time we expected that there may be starts and stops. We thought the kids may push to have a “normal” bit of high school, or maybe we would settle for a bit for work, but I can’t say that I imagined we would lose a crew member before they turned 18. It’s our own fault, really. We have traveled with the kids since they were babies, encouraging them to explore the world and learn about cultures by immersing themselves in it. 

After a year of French in public school and a year of DuoLingo French, our 2nd Mate decided she was interested in a foreign exchange program. We’ve researched, discussed, thought...and this week we put down a deposit on a full year exchange program in France for her sophomore year in 2021-2022. Application is still pending, and we have COVID concerns, but it seems to be a “go.” I am excited for her, but at the same time my heart is breaking just a little. Just a year ago I retired to spend more time with my kiddos and now one is leaving me. But it will be good. Everything will be good. 🇫🇷

Tears of joy (I swear!) 😭


No comments:

Post a Comment