Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Farewell, South America!

I have taken my sweet time in getting to the point where I would write this post. Our South American adventure is officially over. In fact, it's been over for about a month! It ended with a day of travel that would have tested many travelers, but I feel like we handled it well. 

We flew from Iguazu to Buenos Aires, with Frank dealing with work and home buying calls in both terminals. Our flight out of Buenos Aires got delayed, causing a chain reaction that added a flight and several hours to our trip. We enjoyed lie-flat seats on the first flight, several hours in a nice lounge in Bogota (with more work and home calls!), and a very quick layover in San Jose before finally touching down in Washington, D.C. around midnight, a mere 36 hours after we left Iguazu. We checked back into the country, got an Uber, and settled in at our sister's house in Maryland.

Lie-flat seats and lounges kept this crew's spirits up!

It's done. A whole new adventure begins now and to be honest, I think I was more prepared for a year in South America than I am for this next journey, but with my awesome crew I know it will be memorable.
Last sunset of the trip, taken on our last flight.



~Jo, the former nomadic momma ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Can’t imagine figuring out all the logistics while traveling. Kudos to you and Frank. All the best on your land life adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our years of military training paid off! And it helped that we had a great real estate agent that we know from previous dealings. Frank working the house AND the job while on the go was pretty impressive!

      Delete