Saturday, February 1, 2020

Hooked ⚓️

We’ve been “on the hook” for over a month now. December 30th was the last time we had lines ashore. Is this super remarkable? Nah. Plenty of cruisers do that ten-fold. But as I watched the sun rise this morning I reflected on that month of (sometimes wet) dinghy rides ashore, the boat moving to the wind and current, and the meetings where we pour over charts and forecasts to find a safe and comfortable spot for our home. It isn’t always easy (took four tries to nail the sandy spot at our current “home”), and the focus of my anxiety has shifted from work stuff to anchor/bottom/current/wind stuff, but I am content. Slowing down and experiencing these places and people with my little crew has me hooked.

“Home is where the anchor drops.”


No comments:

Post a Comment