Sunday, December 1, 2019

Time for a name change?

When I started this blog 11 years ago (to the day!) I’m not so sure I realized I would stick with it so long!  The reason I say this is that the subtitle is, “The story of a Navy family on a non-Navy boat.”  Even back then I knew that I would retire at some point, so why did I do that?  Who knows?!?!  Well, as of today we are no longer an active duty Navy family!  It’s my first official day of retirement (I’ve been on leave for a few months) so are we now an ex-Navy family?  The Captain said that we will always be a Navy family (it IS how we met), but for some reason reaching this milestone has given me pause and made me question it.

I actually realized while writing this that the blog started exactly 11 years ago.  I just think that’s such a coincidence as I never could have predicted my exact retirement date back then.  Anyway, it’s official!



No comments:

Post a Comment