Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

Joy of joys, I'm home!  We got back from deployment on March 24th--it was perfect!  My sisters rode the ship as "Tigers" from San Diego to Everett so I had a few days of sharing my work-afloat life with them.  When the ship arrived in Everett I was near the front of the line to get off and found Frank and the kids on the pier.  It was just a great experience.  Everyone looked great and the kids were talking a mile a minute.  In fact, they've been talking pretty much non-stop since then! 

Now the real excitement begins as we get set to move at the end of April.  We're working on tidying up the boat and selling off some stuff.  The boat looks naked right now as we have sold both of our beloved kayaks (we'll have ones we can borrow from the new marina) and have taken down all the sails and canvas for a good cleaning. 

I am pretty sad to be leaving the Pacific Northwest as I love the land, the water, and the people up here, but I guess it's time to move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment