Monday, November 29, 2010

My Day

As I got set to do a little workout today I cranked up the incline on the elliptical, closed my eyes, and slowly marched up an invisible hill.  Soon I could hear the crunch of the leaves, feel the chill of the air in my lungs, hear the kids giggling…  I was in the woods in the coastal Atlantic, or was it the hills of New England?  Was Frank taking us “just 75 feet off the trail” again on the hunt for a geocache, only to spend the next ½ hour bush-wacking in circles?  I didn’t care.  It felt great.  Just as I thought I caught that smell of the leaves decaying beneath my feet the roar of an afterburner and the thump of a catapult brought me back to my reality.  Warm, stale air, water all around, and flight operations in full swing on the deck below.  It was a nice escape while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment