Sunday, August 8, 2010

Seattle SeaFair fun

I got the coolest picture and story today from Frank.  The pic was the kids with Johnathon Hillstrand, of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" fame.  The story, well, sometimes it's best to just go with what Frank writes.  Maybe he'll add the picture sometime...  [hint, hint] ;)  He writes:

We had a fun (but long) day today at SeaFair.  It started out great!!  I decided to drive to the park-and-ride near the park where it was held as parking was supposed to be near impossible.  But the iPhone navigated me right past the park and I thought, "Why not just see."  Sure enough, there appeared to be no parking.  Then I saw one space right beside the front entrance with 3 guys at the entrance.  I thought, "Who cares what it costs, it sure will be nice if the kids have a meltdown."  So I pulled in, rolled down the window and said, "Good Morning."  The guy said, "Sir, thank you for your service, just head to the right.  If there is anything you need, please let us know."  I mumbled "thanks" (out of shock that it worked and I didn't even have to pay), and got Super Rock Star parking!  Then shortly after getting in, a man gave me pit passes for the hydraboats!  That was cool, there were whole jet engine motors being craned off boats and new ones put in boats, crews running everywhere, and lots of cranes to lower whole boats into the water.  After that, we walked past a fire truck, and then ran into Johnathon Hillstrand standing there talking to 2 firefighters!  It was pretty neat.  We got pretty good seats for the air show too, although Trent almost bailed on me because of the loud noise.  The kids went into a bouncy-house twice, and were good pretty much all day.  Trent fell asleep about 1 minute after getting in the car, Katreina lasted about 5 minutes because she could see a plane out her window!  I am worn out, but glad we went.


I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to the organizers of the Seattle SeaFair for taking such great care of my family today!  I'm so glad they were able to go and have such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment