Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The sadness starts

I ended up sobbing like a baby last night.  Yep, it's true.  I'm ok now, but last night the realization that I'm about 3 months away from being away from my family for 8 months, coupled with my weekend with them being reduced to 1 single day, got the best of me.  Their little faces change so much when I'm gone for even just a week--I can't imagine how drastically different they'll look when I get back after 8 months.  Frank, as always, has assured me that I'll get through it and that they will too, but somehow I don't have much faith in myself!  Between now and then I'm hardly here, too, and I just feel like I'm going to slowly slip away from them.  I hate it.  I want it to be over.

2 comments:

  1. No appropriate reaction button for this. I want to mark "sad"...so consider it done.

    I don't know how you do it Jody, but you're a strong woman, and you will make it, I just know it. Not without many tears probably, but with photos, webcams, skype, etc, etc, hopefully the changes in the kiddos won't be so shocking after 8 months away and you'll be able to "interact" with them on some level.

    Husbands are incredible, too, reassuring us when we really need it. Mark's been doing that for me the past year, when I feel like between job 1, job 2, and other activities, I barely see or pay attention to the kids, and it brings me down.

    I wish I had better words of encouragement, but as any mom knows, being away from your children is very difficult. Hang in there, and know that there is an end in sight (can ya' see it...it's way down there...little further...ok, it looks like a pin prick of light... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Amy, that helps alot! Big hug big sis!

    ReplyDelete