Friday, January 15, 2010

A family apart

I'm away from home right now and of course I miss everyone terribly, but it's always nice to get little nuggets like this one from Frank, which he sent last night:

We had a little drama this afternoon, but not too bad. Unfortunately, Trent saw me when I was picking up Katreina for swimming, and I didn't have the heart to leave him behind. It didn't help when the teacher yelled, "Trent, look! There's your Daddy!!" Of course, she didn't realize I was trying to just pick up K, so it wasn't her fault. Anyway, Trent behaved pretty well at swimming once I let him lay on the floor and play peek a boo with some 5-6 year old girl. Katreina did really good swimming, but threw a tantrum when the teacher told her swim class was over. Drama! I discovered the family showers and gave T and K both showers there since I had them both (why not, besides Trent wanted to get wet). Trent had a mini-meltdown as we were leaving (he didn't want to go), but other than that the kids ate dinner and played really well. Trent and Katreina (but especially Trent) keep asking about you, and every time they get in trouble they of course "want mommy"!! Storytime was nice, and the kids have been going to bed really nice.

He's awesome...left work 2 hours early so his little girl could go to swimming only to endure that evening. This morning I got another note from him saying that "Katreina is killing me." He found her in a bed soaked with pee. Poor guy. I honestly do wish I was there to help out!

This is just the start of a very long year and already this underway period is causing me to miss Frank's birthday. It will actually be 2012 before I have a chance of being with him on his birthday again. I guess that's the lot we've chosen!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! You know I'm thinking of you guys a lot, and picturing Frank with the two kids, flying solo. He's a great dad, so I'm sure he's making it work beautifully (even if it does cause him to sprout a few new gray hairs!) Love you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete