Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The addition of a non-essential

That never happens. You NEVER bring stuff onto the boat that you don't really need, right? But what if it's sentimental? What to keep and what to get rid of is a big struggle for any family, but it can be gut-wrenching when downsizing this drastically. I have hauled this chunk of wood around since early 2004. It's not a remarkable chunk of wood, and it wasn't even a part of holiday memories. But, it was hers. I moved it and I stored it. And now that I've taken a paddle bit to the underside of it so that it can fit over the pot holders on the stove, it is part of our home and my memories of her are reinvigorated. Welcome aboard, Virginia Rose.
This was my grandmother's cutting board. I love it, and I love the extra prep area!

No comments:

Post a Comment