Saturday, May 27, 2017

Cushion recap

While we were landlubbers I took the opportunity to give our cushions an overhaul. I kept the foam, but added polyfill for softness and went WAY put of my comfort zone by working with expensive Ultraleather fabric to fashion the new covers. This time, I also replaced the entire covers and even moved some zippers! Ultraleather was actually quite easy to work with once I got over the urge to cry every time I cut it!  It took about a month and a half to complete around work, sports, and vacation once I set myself to it, but I'm so happy I did it!

It sure was nice getting to work on a big table!

Hot mess seamstress.

K models the first completed set.

Patterning

I moved the zipper AND hid it on this one.

The cushion from hell.

Inner corners, outer corners, curves, and a huge zipper = cushion from hell.

So many curves!  The Captain's homebrew kept me going!

The curves came out alright!
A "test fit" in the living room.

Ta da!  I'm pretty pleased with the result!



No comments:

Post a Comment