Sunday, December 20, 2015

Gratitude

Now that leg 2 (of 3???) of the world's longest boat PCS is over, we'd like to thank those that made it all possible!  THANK YOU!

Grandma and Grandpa Katrein--Had they not signed on for 2-ish weeks of childcare and a trip to Louisiana so the kids could stay in school, we'd still be planning how to get the boat out of Jacksonville!  Thanks, mom and dad!

Sadler Point Marina--Seriously impressed with the customer care this small yard provided.  We certainly wouldn't have made it to Tampa if they hadn't splashed us on an "off" day.

My carrier Shipmate, Craig--Craig drove I don't know how far out of his way to pick me up at the car rental place and take me to the boat on NAS Jacksonville.  We had been so crunched for time I didn't even manage to get him an adult beverage to thank him!  I'm so thankful for the many great Shipmates I've met along my Navy journey, and especially thankful for Craig.

Another great Shipmate and friend, Bethany McDonald--Despite work, grad school finals, and holiday events, Beth provided us with weather routing on this leg.  I know, I know, I'm a METOC officer, but I've actually never been an official forecaster!  Beth has been a ship router and forecaster and provided critical information when we were offshore and couldn't access all the models, and it was always nice to have another (trained) opinion!  She basically walked us in to Tampa Bay with an hour-by-hour breakdown--we were not surprised by the conditions we saw at all thanks to Beth!

My Maine Maritime classmate, Brian--As we sought out a place to leave the boat around St.Petersburg, Brian generously tried to fit us in at his home's slip, but we wouldn't fit.  He gave us a great recommendation for a marina though, and we now know that we have a friend near the boat--so comforting!

My stellar XO, Mike--I think he hates the fact that it was his idea that I use the middle of December to try to knock this out, but Mike covered down as acting CO wonderfully while I was out and allowed me to focus on my duties underway.

THANK YOU!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment