It's been crazy windy today so we spent the day cleaning up the boat (when we weren't trying to find a slip!).
Saturday, December 19, 2015
End of the road...for now
Well, the problem with having a schedule is that weather may not always be on your side. This trip has been a prime example! With about 24hrs of thunderstorms in the forecast between here and Panama City Beach, our childcare and leave running out, and our strong desire to see our kids, we have made the decision to leave the boat in the Tampa area until we can start again. We thought that decision would be the hard part, but finding a marina with room for us proved even harder! After about a dozen calls we found one that had "one more" slip available! We will strike out at sunrise to make the 20nm journey and then rent a car and head home.