Friday, September 5, 2014

Movin' on up!

While this post isn't about the boat, it is about our Navy family.  And today, our family hit a milestone--momma became a Commander!  This is huge for me, for us, for our future.  I had a few things I really wanted for my pinning ceremony, and it was pretty much exactly as I wanted!  My ex-boss/mentor/friend drove up from Mississippi to see his son's football game, and with his wife, three other kids, and mother-in-law in tow arrived at the Pentagon this morning to administer my oath.  Wow.  And my whole family was involved in swapping out my rank insignia, just how I always imagined.  I am so fortunate to be supported by such amazing people.  I laughed, I cried, and laughed some more.  Such a great day!

 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment