Friday, October 29, 2010

From "the big show"

I've been remiss in writing lately, but I've been unsure about what to report.  We're here, flying missions nearly every day, and to be honest every day is pretty much the same.  That's not to say that we're not busy, but it's the same type of tasks, watches, and "fires" every day.  I guess I should be fair and say that the ship does a great job of offering lots of stuff to keep folks going, like bingo, movie nights, and ice cream socials, but my schedule is pretty set.  And I'll admit that at times I find it hard to be "happy, cheery Jody" when I just want to go to my room, flip through pictures of my family, hug my big stuffed penguin, and cry.

On the bright side, Frank and the kids are doing great.  In fact, every time I talk to them they all sound very happy, and Frank keeps them busy with lots of fun stuff.  This week has been chock full of fun Halloween activities and I'm really looking forward to seeing costume pics. 

I'll try to come up with something more interesting to report!  Honestly the best take on life on the carrier is "The Boat Show," an in-house production that's available on the USS Abraham Lincoln Facebook page.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment